BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATION IN THE DYP PROJECT FOR COMPANY SENIOR MANAGERS
Knowledge and skills:
- design as a tool of product and process innovation and obtaining a competitive edge on the market,
- adaptations of products to market trends,
- management of new product design and the marketing process,
- methods of implementing design projects and using technological possibilities,
- the potential of design studies,
- management of copyrights and limiting the risk of plagiarisms,
- principles of cooperation with designers.
- the possibility of modernizing the company’s strategy,
- training a competent staff,
- establishing cooperation with other companies home and abroad,
- building a new company image of innovation with a strong market position,
- attracting specialists, recognized designers and customers by creating the right conditions.
Knowledge and skills:
- manage the process of designing a new model of market practice,
- work in interdisciplinary project teams,
- methodology and practice in the implementation of enterprises,
- cooperation skills with enterprises,
- application of ergonomics and biomechanics to improve the quality of projects,
- protections of intellectual property rights and the pragmatics of its application.
- obtaining skills in the effective presentation of your business project with the application of the law for the protection of projects,
- knowledge concerning methods of cooperation with businessman in Polish market realities,
- competent partnership with a businessman during the process of creating and marketing a new product,
- presentation of your portfolio on a wide forum,
- establishing business contacts with businessmen home and abroad.
ADVANTAGES OF DESIGN
Designing and marketing a new product is an essential skill, and simultaneously a specialized service which helps businessmen to extend their market, increase margins and the price of the product. Above all it is distinguishing the product from among competitive offers – and thereby lowering the risk of placing it on the market. Service design - fully used by companies that have implemented the process of managing a new product and treats it seriously as a process of managing inventory, sales or finances - creates the opportunity to market innovative products and embed their brands on the demanding global market.
Design builds a segment of loyal customers, which increases the guarantee of stable profits and growth of company market shares.
SUCCESS THROUGH DESIGNING
Companies that base their development strategy on the use of innovative solutions from the field of design achieve considerable successes on the market.
Such companies would include: Black Red White, Zelmer and Ceramika Tubądzin.
More examples of companies which achieved market success through the use of the design can be found in the manual “Design Management. Zarządzanie Wzornictwem“ and in the tab case studies.
- NUMBERS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES
• 86% of companies believe that investment in design is profitable.
• 4 times more products were introduced to the market by companies which valued the role of design in their actives.
• The price of a well designed product can be higher as much as 40%.
• 65% of companies anticipate further growth in the role of design.
• 60% of design leaders acknowledge its tremendous influence on the growth of customer satisfaction and company image.
Source: The report Analysis of industrial design applications in Polish enterprises, The Institute of Industrial Design, commissioned by the Ministry of Economy, Warsaw 2007.